Apply for Fully Funded PhD Positions in Computer Science starting in Fall 2022
The Department of Computer Science at Georgetown University is seeking applications for several fully-funded five-year Ph.D. positions in Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, and Theoretical Computer Science. The positions will start in Fall 2022.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity of shaping their Ph.D. research around challenging and innovative research themes in one or more of the following research topics:
– Security of future networking architectures (e.g., 5G/6G, software-defined networking (SDN), programmable data planes, intent-based networking)
– Secure network operating systems design
– Data provenance and program analysis for vulnerability discovery
– Network privacy and anonymity
– Cybersecurity threat detection and response
– Spectrum sharing and regulation
– National security and emergency preparedness communications
– Blockchain technology and ecosystem design
– Data protection policy and regulation
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Information Retrieval:
– Neural Information Retrieval
– Human-centered Artificial Intelligence
– Human-in-the-loop Machine Learning
– Deep Learning
– Deep Reinforcement Learning
– Health Informatics
– Dialogue Systems
– Text Mining and Natural Language Processing Applications
Theoretical Computer Science:
– Circuit lower bounds
– Data structure lower bounds
– Distributed and parallel algorithms
– Quantum complexity
– Zero-knowledge proofs
– Fine-grained complexity
– Foundations of cryptography
– Foundations of data analysis
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution in computer science, computer engineering, information science, electrical engineering, or a closely related field.
- Candidates with strong programming skills are especially encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with strong mathematics and/or statistics backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
About Georgetown University
Georgetown University is a private institution located in the heart of Washington, D.C., Founded in 1789. Georgetown University is a prestigious university ranked #23 in the 2022 U.S. News Best National Universities. The Department of Computer Science is a rapidly growing department, with award-winning faculty research focusing on data-centered computing, security and privacy, and theory.
Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA)
Georgetown University provides educational opportunities without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, age, color, disability, family responsibilities, familial status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, personal appearance, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, source of income, veteran’s status or any other factor prohibited by law in its educational programs and activities. Inquiries regarding Georgetown University’s non-discrimination policy may be addressed to Institutional Diversity, Equity & Affirmative Action, 37th and O Sts., N.W., Suite M36, Darnall Hall, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C. 20057.
How to Apply
- Application Deadlines for Fall 2022 Admission
- December 15, 2021 (preferred deadline)
- January 15, 2022 (final deadline)
- How to apply to Georgetown: https://grad.georgetown.edu/admissions/application-procedures/
- Information for international applicants: https://grad.georgetown.edu/admissions/international/
- Where to submit application: Application Website
- GRE is not required and will not be used for admission decisions.
- If the application fee presents a financial hardship for you, contact email@example.com to request an application fee waiver (a limited amount of fee waivers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis).
- Overview of Georgetown’s CS Ph.D. program (including course and degree requirements) https://cs.georgetown.edu/academics/phd/
- Link to the research labs: https://cs.georgetown.edu/computer-science-research/
Research-related questions: email the professors directly
General Inquiries about Ph.D. Admission: firstname.lastname@example.org