Computer Science students have opportunities to participate in many groups and activities.
- guWeCode: GU Women Coders’ mission is to build digital literacy for today’s job market and increase the number of women in the technology field.
- Hoya Hacks: Hoya Hacks is the GU annual Hackathon that attracts hundreds of students from GU and other universities across the country. The hackathon has numerous workshops, training modules, and coding tracks.
- GU Computer & Electronics Club: GUCEC is a student run computer and electronics club that gets together to try new technologies, work on projects, and help others around campus learn about different technologies.
- ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest Team – GU competes annually in the ACM ICPC competition against hundreds of other university teams in the region.
- DCode GU – DCode GU is a student-run organization that promotes computer science education by providing tutoring and mentoring for grade school and high school students at local DC schools.
- NSBE GU: The mission of the National Society of Black Engineers is to increase the number of culturally responsible Black Engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community.
- STEMME – GU Women in STEM is a student-run organization at Georgetown University to support women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.