Graduate Program Handbook
This handbook is for graduate students in the Master of Science (M.S.) program and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in computer science at Georgetown University. It documents the academic regulations for these programs, but it does not replace or supplant the academic regulations documented in the Graduate Bulletin. Students should always read the relevant sections of the Bulletin before consulting this handbook. Students are responsible for knowing and following the academic regulations described in the Bulletin and in this handbook. If students are unsure about regulations or how they apply, then they should discuss any uncertainty with the Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) or with the Graduate School Academic Affairs office. Students who are unaware of academic regulations are still subject to them.
Note: Your degree program is governed by the current version of the handbook at the start of your first semester of the program. Changes appearing in newer handbook versions do not automatically apply to existing students. You may elect to apply a newer version of the handbook to your degree program by contacting the GPM.
Electronic copies of previous years’ handbooks are provided below for your reference
- Fall 2022 and Spring 2023: 2022-2023 Graduate Program Handbook
- Spring 2022: 2021-2022 Graduate Program Handbook (Revised November 10, 2021)
- Fall 2021: 2021-22 Graduate Program Handbook
- Fall 2020 and Spring 2021: 2020-21 Graduate Program Handbook
- Fall 2019 and Spring 2020: 2019-20 Graduate Program Handbook
- Fall 2018 and Spring 2019: 2018-19 Graduate Program Handbook